Re: old harps

Howard,

There are a couple of good sites for old harps.

The "The Virtual Harmonica Museum" from Sherman
"Tank" Doucette:
http://www.shermandoucette.com/museum/

Try "The "National Music Museum"
http://www.usd.edu/smm/galleries.html#virtual
and scroll down to "The Bates Virtual Gallery" for
some pics and info on some ~really~ old harps

Hope this helps.

Harpin in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

- --- Howard Chandler <chandler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Are there any harp collectors/historians/curators
> out there who have
> done type studies and published picture books of
> the various products of
> the Hohner factory througout the ages?
>

> yeehaw@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >Hi Ken,
> >The harps that were available before Hitler took
> over Germany were
> >exceptional. Perhaps Hohner "hooked up" the
> legends that played that
> >festival years ago. I have some of that footage
> on VHS.
> >Anyway, a modern custom is better, IMHO then any
> stock prewar harp, but I
> >own 3 pre- war Marine Band's and they are
> excellent, but flat by today's
> >standards.
> >All the best,
> >Bob Meehan
> >bobmeehan.net
> >

> >--
> >Hosted by ValuePricehosting.com,
> http://www.valuepricehosting.com
> >

> --
> Hosted by ValuePricehosting.com,
http://www.valuepricehosting.com

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens