Re: harp-l-digest V10 #313

>From: jazmaan <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx>

> >You should cut your fiddle player some slack. I mean really, the only
> >cool fiddle player was Stephane Grappelli. It's the string equivalent
> >of the piano accordion...
>
> >;)
>
>I'd add Stuff Smith and Ray Nance to my short list of "cool fiddle
>players."

Now now, chaps.  There are dozens - DOZENS - of absolutely sublime fiddle
players of traditional Irish music, lest we forget.  And in that genre the
fiddle blends superbly with harmonica. And surely the string equivalent of
the piano accordion is the 5-string banjo.... #;-)    Back to my hole....

Steve Shaw.

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica