RE: Customised harps

Mr. Tate sez
"If you find a good customize then the harmonica you get will indeed be a
revelation."

There you have it from a man that knows the shape of a reed, the feel of the
air passing over that reed and the response that results from the work that
went into it.
 I encourage every harp player to experiment. Tweak, gap, tune, tape, bees
wax, poly-vara-saladbowlthane, solder and hammer your harps. Find what works
and what doesn't.
 Want to know the secret that we customizes have? Here it is.  (Sorry Joe,
Richard, Jimmy, Bob, Tim, G and the rest of us) The secret is patience, a
willingness to study, an open mind, motivation, no fear of screwing up, an
investment in tools, a sense of humor and a little canister of Little, Big,
Sonny, Paul, William, Rick, et al Mojo dust.
 I follow the bees wax, micro-pore, milled acrylic path.     Others pursue
different materials.
 I find the work pleasurable and therapeutic. I put those feelings into the
harps I work on. I try to pass that feeling on to my partner, Marc.
  We are all trying and succeeding in making our instrument better.
 Don't be afraid of experimenting. Purchase a harp from any one us that do
it professionally. Take it apart, study it and try to copy it on your own
harps. Or, just play it and enjoy it.
 Either way, it's time and money well spent.
 Tim
...nothing beats a hot rod
www.hotrodrecords.com