From: "billmona" <billmona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:52:18 -0400
To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Train Songs

Hello, fellow harp lovers!
  This is my first post, although I have been faithfully following all the
messages for about a month now (with the exception of the last 100 or so -
still catching up) and learning a heck of a lot. Your expertise and
knowledge is invaluable and much appreciated; talk about a Harmonica
Learning Tree that continues to bear fruit aplenty!

  My question is this:   I have been working on trying to put together a hot
train instrumental for a long time now and need more ideas/work. Does anyone
have any recommendations of train songs/instrumentals available on CD that I
haven't heard yet?   I am familiar with Freeman Stowers early recording,
Charlie McCoy's "Orange Blossom Special", and Steve Guyger's Inst. on "Last
Train To Dover", but not much else. Many moons ago I attended the Buckeye
Harmonica Festival in Columbus, Ohio and was, of course, blown away by all
the talent. But, there is where I heard an incredible train instrumental by,
I think it was the son of a guy named Marvin. It was the only time I ever
heard a train instrumental where it ended with the train braking and
screeching to a halt, instead of fading away or slowing down to a stop!
Any suggestions???

  thanks very much,
         Bill