Daily Almanac - September 6

Blues singer, guitar and harmonica player Jimmy Reed was born on this day in
1925.  Reed learned to play the harmonica from his father and developed one
of the most distinctive styles in Blues harmonica, concentrating on bending
the high-end blow notes.  Reed wrote some of the great standards of Blues,
including "Bright Lights, Big City" and "Big Boss Man".

Birthday greetings go out to lists members Hurricane Ramon, who was born on
this day in 1950 and to Robb Bigham, who was born on this day in 1954.
Happy birthday to the both of you and many more!!!

Clasical harmonica player Robert Bonfiglio was born on this day in 1956.
Robert's had an amazing career, recording about a dozen albums and turning
audiences on to the amazing possibilities of the harmonica in Classical
music.  A truly nice guy, we wish him all the very best.
For more about the life, career and recordings of Robert Bonfiglio, please
visit:
http://www.eharmonica.net/robert_bonfiglio.htm

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net