Re: Bassman RI

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Vince Daliessio" <vdaliess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l-digest" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 3:05 PM
Subject: Bassman RI

> Hi guys,
>
> I have not been paying much attention here for a while, but I am thinking
of purchasing a Bassman RI since I am despairing of a decent silverface
Super ever going for less than $900.00 on eBay. Can someone repeat some of
the things to look for in a used unit, as well as some of the basic mods
like tube swaps people are doing? I want to use it for guitar as well as
harp. Thanks!

> vini alesi

Hi Vinnie,
The best information EVER written about the differences between a RI Bassman
and a real one (which I'm a proud owner of for 20 years and is NOT for sale)
is explained in a chapter in Gerald Weber's book, "A Desktop Reference of
Hip Vintage Guitar Amps," which is available thru either his website
http://www.kendrick-amps.com or http://www.amazon.com and this book is worth
its weight in gold. If you need more info, contact me off list.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com