Re: Music for Harp and Guitar

- ----- Original Message -----
 From: "GP Grant" <s0234576@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

 > I'm looking for some impressive numbers to learn/play for guitar and
 > harmonica.  I've pretty much exhausted the offerings of Cephas and
Wiggins
 > (with success) and I am currently looking for new artists/songs to learn.

 I can refer you to many books of guitar-flute duets that can be played on
 guitar & harmonica IF you are interested in  classical music, classical
 guitar and chromatic harmonica.  They meet your criteria of being
impressive
 and having no vocal part.

  I have made some arrangements that I play on harmonica and plectrum guitar
 of tunes like:
 The Entertainer by Joplin
 Solamente Una Vez (You Belong to My Heart)
 The Peanut Vendor
 Two-Part Invention in Am by Bach
 Air on the G String by Bach
 Rondo Alla Turca by Mozart

 The above tunes have counterpoint or harmony parts for the guitar.  If you
 are talking about playing harmonica with guitar chording, then almost any
 fake or song book will give you material.

 You need to be more specific about genre, type of harmonica, type of
guitar,
 etc.

 Vern

 Visit my harmonica website: www.hands-free-chromatic.7p.com