Re: Harp Dynamics

Jp Pagan wrote:
>   guitarists have all kinds of knobs and pedals to
> change their sound, or they maybe switch guitars. the
> keyboard player goes from player-piano to Hammond with
> the flip of a switch. what about us? what do YOU do?

Harp players have a huge number of elements in this arsenal.  There
are a ton of different kinds of harps (though I doubt most in the
audience could hear the difference between brands or models of
diatonics), including echo, octave, chromatic, diatonic.  On top of
that there are amp settings for distortion and overdrive, plus
effects (octave, chorus, reverb, etc.).  In addition, I've been
migrating my microphones over to 1/4" adaptors so that I could use
them on a guitar cord, and at SPAH I bought a cord from Tim Northcutt
that has a circuit interupter so that I can switch mic heads
silently.

Versatility is everything,

- -tim