Re: harp and guitar through Fender Concert

What exactly is the problem? I gigged with a 63 brownface concert for a
few years and it was an outstanding amp for harp with all of the mics I
own. You don't need to sub tubes - just use quality NOS according to
the chart on the inside of the cab.

Some basic advice (probably too basic for you, but whatever) is to
start by rolling off the treble and presence, dial in a decent amount
of bass, have a blast then add treble and presence to taste... From
memory, when using my 707a (CR element) I'd have a lot of bass (7 or 8
maybe) then have the treble on 3 or 4 and the presence a little higher.
You could crank the amp up pretty high and it barked like a dog. I sold
it because it was mint and I was askeered of it getting stolen or
damaged. Plus it weighed a bit and in any case I wanted a bit more grit
so I went tweed. It had a lovely, honky, horn-like tone, though - and I
sure miss it.

cheers
Andrew