Home brew amp suggestions sought

I seek suggestions for circuit design for a home brew harp amp to be built
from a big old mono phono power amp.  The amp has four cathode biased 6V6
and dual 5y3 rectos.  I'll need to add preamp tube sockets, control pots,
jacks, etc.  The chassis layout is not conducive to a full size islet or
turret circuit board but there is plenty of room for terminal strips and
easy point to point wiring.  Current considerations include a Masco MU17
preamp/PI or a Fender tweed circuit.
Any ideas?

Thanks-
Jim R