Re: XB40 Maintenance/Repair...anyone?

Hi Jeff.
I wouldn´t be too concerned about repair.
As I have written before, the XB isn´t more complicated to repair than a
Chrom.
It is an issue of having appropriate reeds for replacement. Valves are no
problem, and the techniques involved are the same as on similar harps.
It is natural that it will be harder in the beginning, since we won´t have
reeds available. But I imagine (would have to measure and check) that some
chrom reeds could be successfully tranplanted to the XB.
I am slowly regapping and changing reed form on my XB, and so far, so good.
I would tell you just to count on your favorite technician when the time
comes, and let´s hope it won´t come too soon ;-)
As a matter of fact, I have found out that I play softer with it than on
regular diatonics, since it already has much volume.
Best regards from Brazil,
Fernando Bresslau