Re: 220 v Amps

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Robb Bingham" <robbingham@xxxxxxxxx>

> Anybody know what I need to do to transform my
> European [German/220 v] Amps to USA [110v]? By my,
> non-technical, logic, since I needed such giant
> transformers to make American amps work over there, it
> would be easier to bottleneck them into 110 volt.
> Follow? Anything true about that?

No. The size of the transformer relates to the amount of power the amp
takes, not the voltages. The same transformer that adapted your US amps to
220V would adapt your European amps to 110V.  You would connect the 110V
side to the 110V mains and the 220V side to the European amp.

Vern

I have a bunch of