220 v Amps

Anybody know what I need to do to transform my
European [German/220 v] Amps to USA [110v]? By my,
non-technical, logic, since I needed such giant
transformers to make American amps work over there, it
would be easier to bottleneck them into 110 volt.
Follow? Anything true about that?  I have a bunch of
amps [no, none for sale]; some worth lugging big
transformers for, some on the edge. It would be great
if I could just change the plug and screw a smaller
adapter inside the chasis. From-the-hip guesses
encouraged. Thanks in advance, Robb