Re: slow down machine

 ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jude Stensland
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx ; harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 3:47 PM
  Subject: slow down machine
  Someone talked about a machine that would slow the music down without
changing the pitch.  I forgot the name and company.  can anyone help?

  Jude
</quote>

I use an early version of "Amazing Slow CD" by
http://www.ronimusic.com/
which you can download from here:
http://freedownloadswindows.com/windows/653524/Amazing-Slow-Downer-for-Windo
ws.html

In terms of hardware there are a few CD player models intended for
practising, from Aebersold
http://www.jazzbooks.com/
advertise them on their front page at the moment.
220-CD
http://www.jazzbooks.com/scripts/search.asp?detail=1&item=1793
230-CD
http://www.jazzbooks.com/scripts/search.asp?detail=1&item=1794
and if you want to burn playalongs with different tempo, keys etc
http://www.jazzbooks.com/scripts/search.asp?detail=1&item=1792
which all have a bunch of features.

But then again you can use a CD burner package like Nero or Roxio to convert
a CD track to an audio file then use something like Cakewalk (Sonar) or Cool
Edit to change the speed without changing key, or vice versa, or both.
Make up enough for a CD and burn it, or just use them.

Personally I mostly use Band In A Box
http://www.pgmusic.com
where you can enter just about any progression, has a wide range of styles,
and can play in any key, any practical speed, and has many powerful features
for practising with.

Best Regards
G.