Jon Gindick's jam camp

Just wanted to share with these groups about the harmonica jam camp in =
Austin this past weekend. =20

This camp was beyond special!! The energy level was so high I felt like =
I was levitating every so often. Listening to the jammers grow day by =
day was so cool.=20

The teachers, Paul Harrington, Dennis (Harmaniac)Cooper, Mike Rubin, and =
of course our Jon were just fantastic. They were every bit as interested =
in the guy (or gal) who bought their first harmonica last week as the =
ones who had been playing for 3-20 years.=20

There was a cool mix of theory and practice. We repeated things over and =
over until muscle memory took over, which might sound boring, but in =
this situation it was anything but boring. It was fun to cheer each =
other on, and in turn get the strokes that beginning and intermediate =
harpers need so much.=20

It is a little daunting to see just how far one needs to go in order to =
be "good", but at the same time, it was a great way to develop a plan, a =
goal. Some of us really want to play in a band, some just want to be =
good enough not to embarrass ourselves at a jam, and others just want to =
play alone for our own edification, and all those goals were deemed as =
very valid. That was so very helpful to be able to set those goals for =
ourselves.

Finally, we just plain old had fun, kicking back and listening to good =
music, making new friends, exploring Austin's wonderful 6th street. If =
anyone ever thinks they might want to go to the next Jam camp, start =
saving your sheckles and start planning now. It is a harper's experience =
of a lifetime!!!!!!!  I will be going again as soon as it is back in =
west USA.  And for sure, I will be going to SPAH in August.  Can't =
wait!!!

Jude (as in Hey)