RE: Jacobs on AFBF - was Re: jacobs on pbs

RE: Little Walter, it was written:
It is probably because he got himself killed before he was able to be
photographed playing with Muddy in a situation that Scorcese could
use for the documentary.
________
Well, hmmm...  while I hear where you're coming from, Little Walter
quit Muddy's band in '52; he didn't die until 16 years later in '68.

The only existant footage of him is backing up both Koko Taylor and
Hound Dog Taylor during the AFBF...  While I think it would've been
useful to show that clip during the PBS series, evidently the
filmamkers preferred to give us modern stuff.

Personally I loved all the archival footage -- the Lenoir stuff was
brilliant!  But I began to get bored of the  "After School Special"
tone of the third film -- especially when they invented bluesmen
Sleepy JOE Estes and BLIND Honeyboy, and showed fabricated 1960's
Muddy posters on the wall in what was supposed to have been 1955.
And as to the second film, I don't know about you all, but I'd rather
chew a jumbo roll of tinfoil than listen to Lou Reed try to play Skip
James.

Just MHO. YMMV.  :)

cheers,

Tom Ball