RE: Poly 6

Bill G asks:

>     I have a "Polyphonia 6" (25 hole, double row)  What is the
> tuning called when the top and bottom holes give the same note, whether
blow OR draw ! ?
>      Could some of you who play these, tell me of the pros & cons of this
> tuning?

Although a chromatic instrument, the "in-line" layout of Poly 6s is rumored
to make them very difficult to play fluidly. I believe they were intended to
be used in Harmonica Bands, but have been told they're really only suited to
"special effects", such as glissandos.

I may be incorrect, but that's what I've heard...

- -Scorcher