Re: PBS blues documentary (Friday)

BT wrote:

> I stopped watching halfway through the second one

The second one, Monday night "The Soul of Man" by Wim Wenders, was the only
one worth watching all the way through.  It was done as an actual movie, not
just a talking heads interrupting music.  Much of it was filmed with an old
16 mm camera so it look real authentic.  Great film making.

I watched most of Sunday nights one by Scorsese.  It was good.

Friday night's film was boring, "Red White & Blues" by Mike Figgis, I did
see some interesting music but not much.  I spent 10 minutes watching old
Brits name guitars they have owned.  In that whole 10 minutes I didn't see
one complete sentence, they kept cutting from one big head to the next, each
one listing antique guitar brands.  By the time they played some music again
I was almost asleep and just shut the thing off.

I saw a few minutes of Clint Eastwood's film "Piano Blues" and like what I
saw but I had to turn it off so the kids could do there homework.

PBS repeats these show endlessly so if you miss any just wait a day and
you'll get another chance.

Sam