Re: Digitech RP200

Thank you Richard for telling us about your gig and about your setup.
I am very pleased that everything was successfull and that you are
satisfied with it.

It is really interesting to read about your experiences with your "gig
rig", especially because I myself am looking for the "right" things to
use (and how to work with it), particularly in live situations. For me
it is important that I can reproduce the sounds that I am using at home
or -if it happens- in a studio also on stage and that is a real
challenge.
While I can imagine to draw a borderline between studio or home
recordings and playing live, my present preference would be to be able
to do everything live what I am doing at home. I know that this is
nearly impossible...

Currently I am using the Boss VF-1 -a multiple effects processor. It has
some amp modelling and lots of effects, not only for guitar, but also
for keys, bass, vocals and a lot of things that I still don't know.
There are 200 presets and I...well, if I only had time...you are right:
there will be a lot of work to do to make the sounds work well for
harmonica. I am thinking that i am still a beginner with these things.

Last saturday I had a gig with my band in a large hall (700 people in
the audience), a big, big PA-system and I was afraid that it would end
in a feedback - dilemma for me.
I did use the following:

1) a Shure 545 mic through a Volume Pedal, DOD EQ, Boss Harmonist and
Boss Pitch Shifter/Delay 3 into a Fender Blues de Luxe amp.

2) a Fender M-1 mic (condenser) through the Boss VF-1 into the PA.

The amp was not miked, I did use a loudspeaker emulator with a DI to go
to the PA (my amp has an output for an additional speaker). I have
placed the additional speaker as a sidefill. To my surprise there were
no problems with feedback, after I had asked the monitor soundman to
keep me out of the monitor mix (using the amp and the sidefill box as my
monitors).  I had no problems to hear my playing through the amp and the
box, but I noticed that the other harp channel (the one that went
through the VF-1) had to be in the monitor.  I told the soundman that he
should give a bit of this channel into the mix - and surprisingly: no
problems for me. I was able to hear myself good enough with no problems.
I have to say that i am using both mics and both channels at the same
time, I am  holding both mics in my hands to obtain different sounds or
to make the sound bigger by going through the amp and going through the
VF-1  at the same time.

I am playing in a loud band, no Blues, but
rockin'punkin'orwhateveryouwanttocallit

again, thank you Richard,

and best wishes,

Otto

PS: sorry for my circumstantial writing, it's early in the morning and
after dreaming in german it's a little bit difficult for me to write in
english...