Re: PBS blues documentary (Friday)

Tim has the right idea here.  Tom Jones was listening to Howlin'Wolf and trying to duplicate some of his "stuff".  very cool.

> Did you *listen* to Tom Jones?  That man has one HELL of a voice,
> and
> whether or not you identify him with his "It's Not Unusual",
> leather
> pants and swinging hips background, he laid down some awesome
> vocals.

> I think the fact that the British picked up on the blues that
> Americans were ignoring and brought it back to the states was
> pretty
> much the point of the show.

That was ths whole point of why the British Invasion was so successful.  Thanks to American blues artists being over in England since the late fifties,( Muddy's first trip was in 1958), was evidence that Americans didn't get the idea until we had the British show it to us.  We were listening to Bobby Rydel, Fabian, Frankie Avalon, and every other white artist that had cool hair.  Thank God that guys like Jagger, Richards, Clapton, Beck, Page, Tom Jones, and the rest were paying attention to the music and not the image.

regards,
Roger GOnzales