Re: rattling reed .

Sean Stephens asks:

>  Guys,could someone give me a little advice regarding
>  a problem with a one week old (A flat) Marine Band
> I've purchased. The 1 draw note seems to "rattle"
> although the pitch remains true.Is the reed blown or
> should I open up the harp and take a look at the reed.

Could be rattling against the inside of the cover. In some cases, it
might be OK to "bulge" the cover 'till the reed doesn't hit any more.
Ummm.... I haven't heard of this before on "standard" (i.e. non
"low-Key") harps, but I did it to the covers over the lowest draw reed
on my 365SBS "C" - that's a LOT lower (longer) reed than your Ab...
could the cover have gotten squished somehow?

- -Scorcher