TB on chrom

(tried to send this last night, replied wrong...
oops...)

- --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jason Paul
Stolaruk"
<stolaruk@xxxx> wrote:

> Dear chrom players,
> I'm interested in learning how many holes you block
with your
tongue to
> accomplish the sounding of a single note... 2?... 3?
> When you want to play a single note, does everybody
generally block
with their
> tongue on the left, opening a hole on the right?
> Thanks,
> -jason

  Hey jason,

     when i play chromatic i generally block about 3
holes when
playing one clean (so a four hole span altogether). i
also use a five
hole span for octaves, which i don't find
uncomfortable but which
does dry my mouth out awful fast. i also use pucker
method sometimes,
so there's lots of switching going on. and yes, i
generally block on
the left side. i think this is most common in part
because it give
you lower notes below the note you're playing clean.
makes the note
sound fatter when you use tongue slaps, and any
harmony notes you
open up sound, imo, sweeter. of course, learning to TB
on both sides
is useful, as it allows for quick leaps between notes
in different
octaves, and probably more...

       --Jp