RE: Micing an Echo (was- off on an Irish tangent)

Steve writes:
"I also use those huge double-sided Hohner Echo harps <snip> I use my green
bullet with these as with my other harps but basically I just abjectly hold
the thing as best I can up against the mic."

Mickey Raphael, Willie Nelson's longtime harp guy, uses Echo harps quite a
bit. He plays them (and all his various harps) through a Beyer M88 vocal mic
hand-held, not on a stand. I'm a bit curious, Steve, if you're playing
traditional Irish music, why use a Bullet at all? Sounds like an SM58 might
be a better option. Just a thought.
MN