Re: Chromatic Blues Technique

On Saturday, November 22, 2003 7:50 PM [GMT-7=PDT],MundHarp@xxxxxxx
<MundHarp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> IMHO Blues on a chromatic tends to be played in "third position "...

True, but there's a lot of great music in other positions for the skilled
and imaginative player.  Paul deLay does some marvelous blues in other
positions.  If you'd like to move beyond the usual and want some great
ideas, I'd highly recommend any of Pauls CDs.

Still, I just love the big fat Dm6 sound of 3rd position chords on solo
tuned instruments.

LIVE tunes by The IronMan Curtis BonTemps Blues Band:
http://d852737.u327.webnewport.com/songs/ironman/WalkingToNewOrleans.mp3
http://d852737.u327.webnewport.com/songs/YouAreSoBeautiful.mp3
http://d852737.u327.webnewport.com/songs/ironman/PrettyWoman.mp3
http://d852737.u327.webnewport.com/songs/StormyMonday.mp3
Live video of IronMan http://www.studiocam.org/rplayer/rplayermc56.htm

Health care for blues musicians?  Sign the petition!
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/qd3d2222/petition.html

- -IronMan Mike Curtis http://www.ironmancurtis.com *Southland Blues Magazine
http://www.SouthlandBlues.com TU 8pm jam Starboard Attitude, Redondo pier
2nd & 4th Sunday, after football (9ish), The Crest, Torrance
Last SUN, LARHA HarpJam, Tia Juanas, Irvine