Re: Bushman Harps

- --- Dwayne Barbee <pmdc6577@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am new to playing harmonica......I was deployed
> to Iraq and needed a musical instrument to
> play......

Hey Dwayne, WELCOME HOME!!!!

> well I have tried hohner and Lee Oskar......was
> wondering if I could get a few opinions on the
> Bushman harps....souls voice in particular....
> thanks in advance.

Bushman harps are pretty good. Nice, smooth cover
plates are easy on the lips, but the black paint
will chip off after dropping or dinging on your
teeth a few times.

Nice, recessed reedplates, and fairly airtight.
They play evenly up the entire harp but have a
rather dark tone to my ears. The early releases I
played had some reed responsiveness issues on low
end of A and G harps, but I think that may be
cleared up now.

Yes, a decent harp. But after trying 4 or 5 keys
for a while, I went back to my good old Hohner
Special 20s.

Hope this helps!

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens