From: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of M. N.
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 5:20 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Aretha Franklin Chain of fools C minor?

There's a compilation CD from 1994 called "Rhythm, Country & Blues" that
includes country singer Clint Black blowing some pretty fine harp on the
Pointer Sisters' version of Chain. Sorry, can't tell you the key (I haven't
listened to it in quite awhile), but it's a great version you should
definitely check out if you're going to be doing the tune.
FWIW, if like me you hear a lot of common ground between blues and country
and dig 'em both, this is a pretty cool collection of music talent,
including (in no particular order): Black, Kenny Aronoff, Chet Atkins,
T-Bone Burnett, Vince Gill, Billy Preston, Benmont Tench, Nat Adderley, Al
Green, George Jones, B.B. King, Gladys Knight, Patti LaBelle, Lyle Lovett,
Reba McEntire, Sam Moore, Aaron Neville, Little Richard, The Staple Singers,
Marty Stuart, Allen Toussaint, Travis Tritt, Tanya Tucker and Conway Twitty.
Good luck,
MN