Re: Jagger, Kim, Butler, Ball, Ramos et cetera et cetera. (LONG AND WIDE)

Being a Stones fan I felt compelled to throw in my feelings on the discussion regarding the Jaggermeister's harp prowess (or lack thereof).
I agree that his blowing his somewhat functional, however the stones have always been a case of the whole being greater than the sum ....
(IMHO).
Midnight rambler (I think most fans would concur) ranks as one of their finest hours and I feel this is in no small measure due to the harp laid down by Jagger.The harp fills are perfectly measured and the tension which builds through the song is driven along with his "squawking"  harp.
The songs subject matter is soundtracked brilliantly with the combination of Richard's guitar and the harp .
Having said that I think Jones was the more proficient player. There is footage from an English music awards show( c1965) where they are playing "Not fade away", and B.J can be seen changing harps (and presumably positions) while blowing acoustically.
Must recommend to listers, Jimmy Rogers "blues blues blues", which sees Jagger deferring harp duties to K.W and Carey Bell.Great performance from all involved, especially with C.B's kiss pops closing the album.It's unfortunate that nobody thought about making a videodoc/film of the recordings.A missed opportunity.
Tom Ball's L.W/B.W licks book , worth the price just for the introduction/anecdotes section alone.
Jp , Butler's blowing/singing is powerful ,I agree.King King is a great rock/blues album especially their take on Wolf's Highway man.
Finally could I recommend to anyone still with me on this ramble,
go and get Kid Ramos' GREASY KID STUFF.On this you get to hear Harmon,Memphis Charlie, De lay, Rod , Ric, Dyer and Slim, all
blowing like noones business with very able support .
Regards ,,juiced and sloppy.
Sean.