Millennium Stage

I happened on something of interest last night that, I'm sad to say, I did
not realize has been functioning for three years already.  Perhaps I'm not
alone, though, so I figured I'd pass on the word to those who might be
interested as I now am.  It's called Millennium Stage.

The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., produces live
performances every night, most always beginning at 6:00pm, which are
broadcast free over the Internet for download or live feed viewing on Real
One or some such player program.  Coming up Monday night, November 10th,
Howard Levy and Trio Globo are slated to perform!  And following that, on
November 14th, I note that Phil Wiggins is on the schedule as well!!

There is also a "Millinneum State Explorer" you can use to search for past
performances to view or download, and there are apparently hundreds and of
great variety in dance, music, theater, etc.

As for these two upcoming performances, below are the website's URL and brief
summary of both events.  Now if I can just remember to try to catch them!!  :)

Hope this info is useful,
Harpalong, folks!
=[BOBBIE]=

The Millennium State at the Kennedy Center
http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/millennium/

Monday, November 10, 2003
Carpe Diem Choir
Trio Globo
Trio Globo, comprised of Eugene Friesen (cello), Howard Levy (piano and
harmonica), and Glen Velez (percussion), joins the Carpe Diem choir, soprano
soloist Sabrina Coleman Clark, and dancers Sduduzo Ka-Mbili (South Africa)
and Sudha Bhagwat (India) for a performance of choral music and contemporary
acoustic jazz.

Friday, November 14, 2003
Blue Rhythm Boys
Phil Wiggins
Blue Rhythm Boys with special guest Phil Wiggins deliver an acoustic mix of
jazz, swing and blues featuring harmonica master Phil Wiggins.