phrasing and timing rubbing off

In a message dated 5/28/03 11:10:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wbradley@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Prez was the king of phrasing.  He had this way of dropping into the
> pocket and coming out with the most incredible phrases - every note and
> every space between notes loaded with feeling.
> I figure if I listen to him enough, maybe some of that amazing sense of
> phrasing and timing will rub off on me.

This is a good point.

By repeated listening, you are subtly reprogramming the musical "synapses" of
your brain. This stuff does stick after a while.

I've assigned homework to students that consisted of nothing more than
listening to the same CD (non Harmonica) every night for a week while falling
asleep.

Much musical sensibility can be directly learned without using words to
describe.

The Iceman