Current Chicago Harp Players...

Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 17:57:09 EDT
From: Harmonica5@xxxxxxx
Subject: Current Chicago Harp Players

I'm wondering who people believe are the best traditional-style Chicago harp
players today?   Anyone I should look out for that I might not already know
about?
Here's one for you.

Eomot RaSun  - (pronounced E-oh-maht RAH-sahn) Born in Clarksdale, Mississippi in 1945, he moved to Chicago in 1950 with a shoebox filled with fried chicken and pound cake.   The rest is history !

By 1988 RaSun was at the top of his game.  His CD - Three Days Walkin' - summons up the spirit of 1950s Chicago.  Eomot might be "walkin' " in the steps of his elders, but he is definitely wearing his own shoes.

You may get a zillion responses to your question, but this is one guy you probably don't know and you should definitely look out for.

John Francis,  (The Best Li'l Harp House)
http://www.harphouse.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toll Free: 1-(877)-274-2776
Direct:     1-(609)-298-2202