Re: Kim Wilson @ Winston's

One thing that I try to remind myself of is that it is difficult to
appreciate another players performance if you have preconcieved ideas of what
to expect. It's important to consider whether the player in question appears
to be achieving what they set out to do as well whether what they're doing is
inspiring to you personally (I'm sure Kim meets the first criteria more often
than most).

Also, the more you listen the more you hear. It's not just a case of "sure, I
can figure out what/how he's doing there", great musical performance is as
much down to execution as concept. For instance we can all read english but
could we all recite Shakespeare and make it a great performance?

Regards, Mark.