Re: Harmonica Maintenance Tools

Tim wrote:

> I use the
>chisel to remove burs from the edges of reedslots and reeds when I'm working
>with narrowing reedslots.

A really nice tool for doing this is an interproximal strip. These are
thin single-sided flexible abrasive strips used for working on
dentures and the like. You should be able to get them from a dental
supply company.

>Is ANYONE making a profit doing this?

I didn't exactly get rich, but I earned a reasonable living when I was
doing this full-time. There is no shortage of work for someone who can
do reasonably priced repairs to a wide variety of harps. Of course, it
is also a very good way to go insane very quickly...

 -- Pat.