scooped reedplate ? Vince ?

Back to you, Vince.  You say---

>take the tip
>of the reedplate and put a small scoop on the tip.

>and drop the reed down in the slot a little (the reed sits down >inside the
>slot) with the tip barely scooped upward.

Question is--are you scooping the "reedPLATE"  or the reed, or both ?
Would the term "swooped" be be better, applied to the reed 'bend up' on the
tip ?          bg

This archive was generated by a fusion of Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and MHonArc 2.6.8.