Daily Almanac - May 6

I have no events to report for today.

I recently recieved a copy of Chinese Classical solost Jia-Yi He's latest
CD, "Hora Staccato".  It's a magnificent recording again exploring, as he
has on his previous two CDs, various classical pieces and there a lot of
treasures on this one.  Included on the recording are some POP standards;
"Love Story", "Memory" and "Moon River".  they're fun to listen to.  There
are also some very nice Classical interpetations; "Hora Staccato", "The
Swan" by Saint-Saens, Khachaturian's "Sabre Dance' and others.  The entire
recording shows the range of He's talent.  He has been playing the harmonica
since 1964 and studied with Cham-Ber Huang.  He is now teaching Classical
harmonica at the Turtle Bay School of Music.

I definitely enjoyed this album and look forward to many more from Jia-Yi
He.  For information on how you can purchase this, or any of his other fine
CD's, you can contact Jia-Yi He at:
hejiayi@xxxxxxxxx

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net