re: daily almanac-Paul Butterfield

I saw Paul play a week before he died. What a musician. He and Rick Danko
opened for John Lee Hooker. Who would have believed Paul would die before
Johnny Lee. Paul played acoustic that show. The sound he got from that harp
was unbeleivable-simple stuff, a basic melody line on C C Rider for example,
yet so hauntingly beautiful it's hard to explain.

Peter-thanks for the bio. I didn't realize East West was recorded in 1966.
In many ways it's still ahead of its time.An elegant rock/blues/jazz hybrid.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.mp3.com/spaceanimals