New Artists

In a message dated 3/20/03 9:35:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, mlpratt@xxxxxxx
writes:

> who are those unknown artists?  Who do you
> listen to that maybe only have a local band or CD presence.

Regional players deserving more recognition are great discoveries.

I loved Carlos del Junco before he "broke through" to major recognition and
his earliest CD's are very accessible to basic blues players.

Sandy Weltman and his "Sandroids" project, from St. Louis, is another fun
listen.

Dave Morrison, from Cleveland, Ohio, is another good one - his project was
called "Aces & Eights".

Steve Guyger is a local dude in the NJ area who is well respected by major
diatonic blues players, but not as well known amongst the public as is
deserved.

Mark Dufresne, from the Pacific Northwest was a favorite of mine - his CD
called "Out of that Bed" is a GREAT blues CD with a sense of humor. I'm glad
to learn that he now fronts "Roomful of Blues".

Don't remember the name of their harmonica player, but "Reverend Raven & the
Chain Smoking Alter Boys" is another GREAT band. Love their name, too.

A MONSTER player is a guy by the name of Andy Linderman. I believe he is from
the Minnesotta/Wisconsin area.

This is a great idea - who else is out there deserving wider recognition?

The Iceman