Volume Control on Shure 545

I've seen the interesting thread on volume control for XLR, and thought this
may be of interest for someone. I just add a volume control on my 545 (Butterfield
mic), without drilling any hole, in the back of the mic, in the space hidden by the
Shure logo(I'm talkin' about the pistol-grip model). Just to say it can be done,
and that I can give more infos if someone need them. Please forgive me if dozen of
you have already do this.
Ciao