re: New Artist

in his subject: New Artist<br>
Larry Boy talks about and asks about Big Bones:<br><br>
listened to a guy named &quot;Big Bones.&quot;&nbsp; He<br>
plays chromatic harp in a blues funk style he calls
&quot;blunk&quot;.&nbsp; Interesting<br>
bio in the liner notes.&nbsp; I think he's out of the San Francisco
area.&nbsp;&nbsp; He<br>
does some fairly inventive things in terms of notes played.&nbsp; Nothing
I would<br>
call a revelation, though.&nbsp; He sticks to a clean, chromatic tone, no
&quot;quest<br>
for tone&quot; going on here.&nbsp; Just clear clean chromatic
playing.&nbsp; Sounds nice<br>
to hear someone just play and not try to be the next harp god of
tone.&nbsp; He<br>
does well with the horn section, too.&nbsp; The music is pure blues-funk
with<br>
some straight ahead blues and swing mixed in.&nbsp; He a good writer and
a<br>
competent singer.&nbsp; Although his singing voice takes a bit of getting
use to.<br>
It may actually be lower than Barry White!&nbsp; All in all, a good
CD.</blockquote><br>
like Iceman, i first came across Big Bones<br>
in San Jose 1998.&nbsp; he had used a tin cup<br>
and a vocal mic rather than a bullet - <br>
and i remember generally that his playing <br>
was quite appreciated by the crowd.<br><br>
i met up him a few times.&nbsp; he used to play<br>
regularly at biscuits &amp; blues in san francisco--<br>
i don't know if that's still the case.<br><br>
he's good at what he does, a nice guy as well!<br><br>
best,<br><br>
sg<br>
tumon bay, guam<br><br>