Inexpensive harmonicas

This is a response to a much earlier post.  Not to be critical of =
opinions, just something to be considered.  These people don't have a =
pickup in the driveway or a TV in every room.  So before we quit buying =
that Chinese harmonica just consider if you will.  We talk a lot about =
the cheap foreign labor, but just what if it is really a good deal for =
them.  You must consider that their culture, economy, and cost of living =
is far different from ours.  Sure, the manufacturer may be paying that =
16-year old girl sub-standard wages compared to what we would receive, =
but to her it is more money than she has ever made.  It may mean having =
a few things that her family could not otherwise afford.  She could very =
well be making more money than her father.  If we just quit buying that =
inexpensive foreign harmonica that she is assembling, she will no longer =
have that income.  Who is really being hurt?  Remember, the wage may be =
considered by us to be sub-standard, but =85. =20

Evert Griffin