Re: Dar Williams and John Popper

I'd caught some of that on the radio here too.  I think Dave Matthews
plays on it too.  I'm no Dar Williams fan but I kind of liked the stuff
with John Popper.  It's amazing how fast he is.  On the P-funk front
George Clinton has to be one of my favourite musicians and I've always
wondered what a really good harmonica player would sound like in one of
his bands.  There is someone who does some very nice funk stuff on
harmonica, the name of the band escapes me at the moment.  The Adjusters
while not funk, ska really have an intersting bit of harmonica on their
recording Before the Revolution.  The cut is Special Prosecutor and the
harmonica player is Ben Ruth. The Asie Payton remixed Cd, Just Do Me
Right has another non traditional harmonica part on it.  1000 years has
a really edgey harmonica part played by someone named Tom Malbank.  Odd
I've never heard of him because I think we live in the same city.
Actually now that I think of it if he's an Englishamn I know who he is.
Lots of really good harmonica stuff these days, much of it non
traditional roles and you don't have to watch television to hear it.
fjm