Re: hohner factory china

Mike C wrote:
>Sometimes the old "made in china" makes the music a
>little sadder when I get to thinking about the typical
>pay and conditions of factories there.

I agree, you have to wonder, when they make a harp that is the basic equivalent
of a German-made Special 20, sell it for less than 1/4 the price, and make a
profit.  On the other hand, those of us old enough to remember what "Made in
Japan" meant in the 60s and 70s, compared to the economic powerhouse that Japan
became, might wonder what "Made in China" will mean in 30 years, and where the
next "Japan" and "China" will emerge.

- -tim