Re: Mic Cup

The folks on the list have offered some good advice already. My 2 cents
worth would be to keep a chamber between the harp and the grill - you
don't need the harp bashing up against the mic. AND, you don't need to
have a tight seal the whole time you play. Try varying between a good
seal, a slightly open seal and holding the harp and mic with one hand
and using no seal. It gets boring very fast hearing a one-dimensional
ballsy tone all night long. Playing with the seal creates tonal
dynamics. Use your other hand for wah effects, too.
cheers
Andrew