RE: New Cds

>    On the subject of amps - Has anyone tried the new Epiphone Galaxie
> 10? All tube,10 watts,1x10,cost about $200,looks cool too.I'm going to
> blow thru one next week at my local music store and I'll let you all
> know what it sounds like.On the other end of the price spectrum,they
> have some small Top Hat amps that look very interesting but I'm afraid
> to play thru one in case I really like it, 'cause I sure can't afford
> them!

I own a Galaxie 10. It has two tubes -- a 12AX7 and a 6L6. It's biased class
A and rated at 10 watts. It's a very simple amp with very hardy
construction. It has a standby switch, which is rare in an amp of this price
range, and a 10 inch Celestion speaker. It's a cute little guy and sort of
looks like an old radio.
It's not very loud, and I intend to use it for low volume gigs. Personally,
I think it's a neat little harp amp. I was intrigued by the class A 6L6
design.