Re: Harp shows in Maryland next weekend?

> Phil Franklin <pbf@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote
> on Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:12:48 -0500:
> >
> > Subject: Harp shows in Maryland next weekend?
> >

> > I'm going to be in the Baltimore/DC area next weekend.  Any pointers
> > to bands with good harp players would be appreciated.  Thanks!

If you are looking to Jam, the two best jams in town are at Lasick's in
College Park on Sundays from 4 - 8 and Zoobar in DC from 8 - 11   (if you
can make it to that one, go, go, go!)

As far as gigs, if you are here on Friday, definitely go to Bertha's in
Fell's Point Baltimore. Rusty Bogart and Glen Moumou (I think that's how
you spell Glen's last name) play there on Friday nights starting at around
9:00. Rusty is one of the best guitarists you will ever hear (He used to
play with Big Joe and the Dynaflows) and Glen is a great harp player too.
It's one of the tightest bands in DC. If you are lucky, Rich Sampson will
show up and sit in with them. Rich has tone that is so fat it will make
you choke and phrasing that will blow you away. He might also be at Zoobar
or Lasick's if you can make it to either of those jams.

If you want more you can always check the DC Blues Society giglist at
http://www.dcblues.org/dates.html. Feel free to E-mail me (off-list) if
you are curious about any of the bands.

~Sariel