Re: Other instruments that Harp-L'ers Play

In a message dated 6/18/03 6:12:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Gatorharp@xxxxxxx writes:

> << Is harmonica the only instrument you play?>>
> If yes, why?
>   If no, what other instruments do you play? >>

Besides harmonica, I also play Bass. Bass has done alot for me musically in
that it has given me a serious appreciation for playing through chord changes
and what other musicians (particularly who solo) need to have behind them (or
out of their way) in order to play. Even though piano would have probably been
better to learn on, Bass wasn't all that bad (It could have been worse, I
could have started out as a guitar player). It made me think of the whole song
instead of focusing just strictly on my part, and also it made play parts exactly
as they are supposed to be played. Bass to say the least was humbling and a
constant lesson in hard knocks. Without it, I wouldn't be the musician I am
today

Andrew