Re: Other instruments that Harp-L'ers Play

I played classical violin from age 4 to 14. Then I switched to guitar. I
played guitar in many different bands, but couldn't really get the hang
of "double picking" - picking on the down and up strokes - so I had a
little trouble duplicating Van Halen solos. I switched over to bass and
became a lot more in demand. When I was 14, I also started picking up
harp. I still play bass a lot and get many more "pick-up" gigs as a bass
player than anything else, but harp is my true passion. I also do most
of the vocals in my blues band which is also lots of fun - singing, I
mean. I've been picking up the fiddle again too, and getting better at
sight reading on fiddle and chromatic harp.

So, in summary, I sing and play: guitar; bass; fiddle; and diatonic and
chromatic harps.

Cool thread.

- --
Alec Drachman