Re: Other instruments that Harp-L'ers Play

<< Is harmonica the only instrument you play?>>
 If yes, why?
  If no, what other instruments do you play? >>

i sing, which was and is the most important thing to me, musically.  i still
take the harp seriously, but when i started playing harp, it was a means to an
end.  i would love it if i could play guitar as competently as i do harp, but
i wasted all those years (man, if you could just drive and play guitar!).
now i'm working on it, just to be able to sing and play at once...if i got to be
as good on guitar as mick jagger or hank williams, i would not be unhappy.
also just bummed an alto sax off my niece, who lost interest.  i can get
notes out of it, but still kinda squawky.  i haven't worked on it more than three
times, but as someone else already said, time is tight.
i'm hoping the guitar improves my chordal understanding, and the that the
alto will force me to relearn how to read music at more than snail's pace.
oh yeah...i played trumpet through middle school.  it had little effect on
me, and in fact, they taught us nothing about theory, what it meant to play a
b-flat instrument, or anything else.  i've learned most of that right here.

steven j gatorman