Re: Other instruments that Harp-L'ers Play

Oops. I got carried away closing windows and sent my previous email=20
prematurely

In a message dated 6/18/2003 12:52:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,=20
mlpratt@xxxxxxx writes:

> Is harmonica the only instrument you play?=A0=20

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 I started out playing clarinet in the 4th grade. My broth=
er was a=20
senior in High School so I couldn't get his tenor sax until he graduated. I=20
switched to tenor in the 5th grade but it was so heavy I never took it home=20=
to=20
practice. If someone had given me a Willis Jackson or a Jay McNeely record p=
erhaps=20
it would have been a different story. I finally sold my tenor 4 or 5 years a=
go=20
to pay rent when In lived in LA
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 I play guitar quite a bit
. I started out playing open tuning slide in high school because I was=20
obsessed with Muddy Waters and thought slide was "easier" than standard tuni=
ng. Over=20
the years I got more serious about standard tuning and play in what could=20
best be described as a T-Bone/Louis Myers bag. But I'm not very good. My gui=
tar=20
player calls me the hippest crappy guitar player. I know all this cool stuff=
=20
but don't have the technique to pull it off. But I love to play rhythm and o=
ne=20
of my favortite things is to back up the harp.
       Ryan