Re: harp-l-digest V10 #192

Re: One Time Teachers:

I've been lucky enough to take lessons from Dave Barrett for three years now,
and I only wish I'd found him earlier in life. I'm a hundred times better
today than I was a year ago; a thousand times better than when I started (which
means, I'll be 99 before I sound as good as Magic Dick). But I'm getting there.

Before that I asked a lot of harp players for help...but they could never
quite explain what to do or develop a program for me to learn on my own.

Lately, I've been doing Barrett's "lick a day" program also (at
www.harmonicamasterclass.com)...and if I didn't live near him and couldn't take live
classes, it would still be very effective. I'm picking up licks, but also mastering
ways to play overall. I can feel myself advancing just from taking on those
licks.

He offers a way to do the licks and consult with him by phone, which i would
recomend for beginner/intermediates. If I lived in Omaha, I'd take these
lessons by phone! The guy is a master teacher and really knows how to help you get
it.

I still blow and suck, but not as bad as I used to!

brad kava