Re: Split Tongues

 Wow, is this for real?  I can understand about hurting for your art, but
actually physically splitting the tongue?  I thought maybe it was doing
tongue blocks to get the octave spread.  YOW!

I am a newbie to cross harp.  I have been playing straight harp for a couple
of years, actually learning while driving down the road to my various
clinics (I'm a nurse practitioner).
Did you know you can get most of a song played with full hand vibrato by
driving with your knees until a big curve comes along?  LOL.  I can play
just about any song  I can hum as long as it doesn't have too many
sharps/flats.  I play in a pick up country western band on Fridays, doing
vocals, rhythm guitar and a bit of harmonica.

I am learning cross harp in part by learning every straight harp song I know
in 2nd position.  It is frustrating but the second and third hole bends are
coming.  My current favorite is Swing low, sweet chariot - so you can see
what a beginner I am.

My big problem is that I am just so damn white.

I am really enjoying all the discussions on this list.  I have been lurking
for a couple of weeks.

 Jude

 Ludo Beckers

Subject: Re: Split Tongues

My advice would be STAY WELL AWAY from it.
In an interview I heard an expert say the chance of paralyzing the tongue in
the process of splitting it is VERY REAL.
If you want to go ahead anyway... good luck, but maybe your harmonica days
will be over forever.

Ludo